2. Rock 'n Play. We didn't know about this genius of an item for our first, but have used it for hours each day for both boys. It's a lifesaver and provides a good napping spot while traveling too.
3. Halo sleep sacks. I had big babies, so I had to find the largest size swaddlers they make. I recommend keeping kids in the swaddled ones for as long as possible. You can always leave their arms out if you want. Soon enough they'll be too big for them anyway.
4. Keekaroo Height Right high chair. We bought this for our second child because we were tired of how hard it was to clean the first high chair. Not to mention how much room it took up. This one is much easier to clean, takes up much less space, and has the ability to convert to a chair once your child is older.
5. Chicco Keyfit 30 travel system. I'm tall, so I needed the tallest stroller possible. This one was it, and it is so EASY to maneuver. Would never get a different stroller or carseat.
6. Medela pump-in-style travel pump. The backpack style is the way to go! Easy to carry around with you and enough space to put a few extra things in there.
7. Boppy. This is a must have. I use it for nursing (and have tried a couple other kinds and always come back to this one). My whole family used it in the hospital when they were holding the baby. Our oldest uses it as a neck pillow at times. It can also be useful for tummy time and helping a baby sit up when he/she is still learning.
8. Dr. Browns bottles. We tried four different kinds with our first before these came to the rescue. Yes, they are the most complicated bottles to wash with all the parts. But for my babies who were very picky about who fed them and how, they loved these. They also cut down on reflux for babies.
9. Bath tub. Nothing fancy here. We got ours at a garage sale for $2, and it has worked out well. They make lots of fancy tubs and gadgets for babies, but I'd rather spend that money on other items (or college!)
10. Summer infant Day and Night handheld monitor. This one has lasted us 5 years and is still going strong. We've had 2 other ones that have not worked out well for us (when we wanted a monitor in the toddler room).